Monday, July 13, 2009

Odaiba Gundam

IMG_5621
Knowing that the Gundam would be opened on July 11th, I and my friends decided to go there to see the opening. I always wanted to take a night shot of it so we decided to go there around 6 PM.


IMG_5504

IMG_5509
Since that was the first day, I was expecting that a lot of fans would be there. It was more than what I expected though.

IMG_5512

IMG_5514

IMG_5549
You could see all the gears aimed at the Gundam from all sides.

IMG_5511
It was my second time to be there but I could still feel the awesomeness of it.

Staff
The Green Tokyo staffs were there to protect the Gundam from being hijacked.

IMG_5520
Hundreds of people were lining up to get close to it.

IMG_5539
Last time when I took the photos, there was still fences around it. But now, they already removed it which means you could get very very close to it and touch it !!

IMG_5531
I was very excited when my turn finally came. I immediately rushed to it and hugged the foot.

Do not stop !
I could only touch it for a few minutes though before they started telling me to move....

IMG_5545
A shot from below it.

IMG_5551
Even though it was only for a few minutes but I was very happy that I could touched it.

IMG_5568

IMG_5572
Every half an hour, a smoke will come from it and the head will start moving. It will then make a sound as if the Gundam will take off. Awesome !

IMG_5558

IMG_5576

IMG_5598

IMG_5706

RX-78-2
If you plan to go there, I recommend going there from around 4 PM so you could see the Gundam during day and night.

You could see more photos of Gundam during the day from here.

2 comments:

Michael Flux said...

Excellent photos, honestly probably the best ones I've seen so far of it...

Especially the photos with the people next to it, really puts just how huge this beast is into perspective. Can't wait to finally see it in person!

Teddy said...

@Michael Flux : Thanks. I hope you can see it someday.

Post a Comment

About The Man Behind This Blog

The man who loves photography and tries to capture the beauty of life through his camera.

Tweet !

Japan Blog Directory

E2046

Buy Anime Figure

Search

Partial RSS Feed

Dannychoo

Figure.fm

  All photos copyright © 2009 Teddy Herryanto

TOP